About Gould Academy
Begin Your Journey
What do you want out of high school? How will you plan your journey? At Gould, we can help you begin your journey and follow your passions, whatever those may be.
Our location in the White Mountains of western Maine gives us a unique outdoor classroom right at our doorstep. Our online learning component gives flexibility to skiers and freethinkers alike.
Want to explore robotics with the school’s Navy-class REMUS submarine in the local pond? Maybe you’d like to explore the school’s 40 kilometers of trails on your mountain bike or build your own skis in the IDEAS Center. Or you could travel to China, Ecuador, Peru, or Tanzania with the Ninth Grade Four Point immersion experience.
Gould is a small, co-ed, independent boarding school where faculty do their best to say ‘yes’ more than they say ‘no,’ where students have flexibility to try new things in new ways. Here, students celebrate each other, take risks, experiment, because we know that education is about the journey, about being in the NOW. We celebrate the creative process, not just the outcomes.
Students thrive in Gould’s college prep setting thanks to close, collegial
relationships with their instructors and counselors, and a vast network of alumni and visiting professionals who come to campus and work with students each and every year.
Our mission is to prepare academically motivated students for college and help them to become independent-minded, ethical citizens who will lead lives of purpose, action, excellence, and compassion in a dynamic world.
Ready to see what you
can do at Gould?
What Sets Gould Apart?
- Students thrive in Gould’s college prep setting thanks to close, collegial relationships with their instructors and counselors, and a vast network of alumni and visiting professionals who come to campus and work with students each and every year.
- Music performance students who seek one-on-one instruction with conservatory faculty are supported through our distance partnership with the Manhattan School of Music.
- Students interested in both competitive and noncompetitive on-snow instruction and coaching benefit from our unique partnership with Sunday River Resort located just minutes from campus.
- Creative thinkers who are interested in shaping their own education can do so through blended learning, which provides students with more time for independent studies and research.
- Innovators and doers who want to give meaningful time and service to the greater community have numerous academic, programmatic, and social outlets to take advantage of, including The Marlon Family IDEAS Center, Four Point and Experiential Learning, REACHOUT, Farm and Forest, and Gould Goes Green.
Head of School: Tao Smith
Grades: 9-12, PG
Students: 220 from an average of 21 states and 17 countries
Athletic Mascot: Husky
Gould Academy does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, race, creed, color, gender, or sexual orientation in the administration of its educational policies, admission, financial aid, loans, and other school programs. Read more.