So. Cal Skate Trips
Part history. Part industry. Part odyssey.
- Session 1: July 8-13, 2017
- Cost: $1,500.00 (Includes transportation to and from LAX, hotel with wifi, food, skatepark fees. Each trip is limited to eight skateboarders. The program is open to any qualified high school student throughout the world. The fee does not include airfare.)
Imagine a road trip where every stop is a mystery until you arrive, where you never know who you’ll skate with or who you might meet. This trip of a lifetime is an experience that you can’t totally get until you’re in the van and rolling through So. Cal.
- Ride parks, spots, and private facilities.
- Stay in motels in San Diego, in Orange County, and in Los Angeles.
Skate about four parks/spots a day over the five and a half days.
A tentative schedule of So. Cal. skateparks looks like this:
- Oceanside Skateparks
- Encinitas Skatepark
- Carlsbad Skatepark
- Etnies Skatepark
- Vans Skatepark
- Huntington Beach Vans Skatepark
- Chino Skatepark
- Upland Skatepark
- Fontana Skatepark
- Stoner Skatepark
- Santa Clarita Skatepark
- Lafayette Skatepark
Check out these parks at Concrete Disciples.
Check out more on the Gould Academy Skateboard Program.
Check due to the Gould Academy business office by May 6, 2017.
For more information, contact Gould Academy Skateboard Program Director Dave Bean by email or call 207890-4022.
Mr. Bean has taught full-time since 1991 in public and private schools in Utah, Massachusetts, and Maine. His fiction, non-fiction, journalism, and poetry are widely published, and his commentaries have appeared on National Public Radio. He and his wife, Ms. Brooke Libby, Director of College Counseling, live near campus with their daughters Zoe ‘17 and Lilo ‘19; and son, Utah. Mr. Bean enjoys protecting and wandering wild places.