Robots, Drones, and ROVs Camp
Welcome to Robotics Camp at Gould!
July 12 – 17, 2020
Coed ages 12-15
* includes lodging, meals, and transportation during stay
We are excited to welcome you to the Gould Academy campus for an exciting week of leading-edge Robotics, Drones, and ROVs Camp. In this camp, you will design and build Vex Cortex Robots, Fly DJI Drones, and build and operate underwater Remote Operated Vehicles. The IDEAS Center has the Vex Competition Field that students will be able to utilize. You will learn to fly UAS Drones and take high-quality aerial video. You will be able to take advantage of the beautiful nearby ponds and lakes to operate your ROVs and create underwater videos. Below is some information that will help you prepare for your time here on campus.
Sample Daily Robotics Camp Schedule
|8:30 – 11:30 am||Class Work|
|1:00 – 3:00 pm||Study Time|
|3:00 – 5:30 pm||Recreation (Hike, Swim, etc.)|
|6:30 – 9:30 pm||Evening Activities|
|9:30 pm||In Dorm / Lights Out|
- Clothes for the classroom
- Closed-toe shoes/sandals
- Long pants/shorts
- 2 sweatshirts or fleece jackets (it’s often chilly at night)
- Rain jacket
- Swimsuit, towel, water shoes or sandals
- Bedding or sleeping bag/pillow
- Toiletries -toothbrush/soap/towel
- Personal medication (to be handed in at check-in, all medication forms must be completed and on file)
- Sunscreen, sun hat
- Water Bottle
- $40 or so for snacks and optional activities (like mini-golf)
Love building robots and piloting drones?
Mr. Haberstroh is a passionate Innovation and Design Thinking teacher strongly committed to STEM Education. He comes to Gould with extensive experience developing Innovation Labs and Design Engineering Curriculum. He is very involved in the global Digital Fabrication community and has presented at several Educational Technology Conferences. Equally passionate about athletics and the outdoors, Mr. Haberstroh rowed crew and played rugby at Saint Mary’s College, and is a former competitive mountain bike racer. He lives on campus with his wife, Jean.