JUNE ON-SNOW CAMP
On-Snow Focus: This will be a tech-focused camp. Skiers will learn from free skiing, as well as SL and GS sets. During our 12 days on snow, we will be focused on directed free skiing, brush, and stubby progressions, and SL/GS course sets.
Dates: 6/10/21 – 6/24/21
Depart for Hood: 6/10
Return from Hood: 6/24
Camp cost: $3500 plus airfare (includes, coaching, lodging, meals, lift tickets, ground transportation).
$300 Non Refundable deposit. The final payment is due 30 days prior to departure (5/10/21)
Cancellation Policy: In the event, COVID travel restrictions require us to cancel this camp, or if a participant cannot attend and wishes to cancel, we will issue a refund less the $300 non-refundable deposit.
AUGUST ON-SNOW CAMP
On-Snow Focus: This will be a slalom-focused camp. Skiers will learn from free skiing, as well as SL sets. During our 7 days on snow, we will be focused on directed free skiing, brush, and stubby progressions, and SL course sets.
Dates: 8/12/21 – 8/20/21
Depart for Hood: 8/12
Return from Hood: 8/20 (train am and return)
Camp cost: $2500 plus airfare (includes, coaching, lodging, meals, lift tickets, ground transportation).
$300 Non Refundable deposit. The final payment is due 30 days prior to departure (7/12/21).
Cancellation Policy: In the event, COVID travel restrictions require us to cancel this camp, or if a participant cannot attend and wishes to cancel, we will issue a refund less $300 non-refundable deposit.
Typical daily schedule:
6:00am: Wake up
6:45am: Arrival at Timberline
7:00am: Lift load
Lifts operate from 7:00 -12:00. Each day will have a different plan for skiing and training.
10:00: Mid-morning break and snack on the Glacier
Noon: Back to the house for lunch
1:00-2:00: Rest Hour
2:00-5:00: Afternoon activities include hiking, field sports, swimming etc.
7-8:30pm: Video, Discussions
9:30pm: Lights Out
Camp Packing List:
SL and GS skis, SL and GS poles
Helmet, goggles, gloves
Speed suit, base layers, ski socks
Summer dryland clothes (dryland shirts, shorts, socks and athletic shoes)
Bathing suit, towel
Hygiene, toiletries, medications
COVID Guidelines: The following guidelines are based on current Oregon state CDC guidelines and are subject to change. We will update participants when there are changes.
- All participants must quarantine 7 days prior to departure.
- Stay home
- Do not go to public places even for essential reasons, including grocery stores. Plan to have enough food available or arrange to have it delivered to you to complete your quarantine/isolation.
- Do not use public transportation including buses, trains, planes, taxis, Lyft/Uber, etc.
- Do not have visitors in your home.
- Keep a distance of at least 6 feet from other people.
- All participants must complete a COVID screening 24 hours prior to departure.
- All participants must bring a 72 hour negative PCR test to the airport.
- We will be living together and traveling as a cohort for the duration of the trip.
- N95 masks must be worn in the airport and while on the plane.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- All Mt Hood COVID protocols must be adhered to at all times.
- Additional expenses may be incurred In the event a participant becomes ill and/or tests positive for COVID-19.
- In the event of a positive case:
- Positive individual(s) will be placed in isolation
- The remaining cohort will quarantine.
- Parents will be asked to come to stay with their child until they can safely return home.
- The remaining group may have to extend their stay until they are clear to travel (at the family’s expense).