Please contact Dean of Community Life Rob Manning if you have questions.
Sunday, May 24
7:00 p.m. – Underclass Awards Night, Speaker Chris Gould ’02
Tuesday, May 26
9:00 a.m. – Four-, Five- and Six-year Senior Assembly
Wednesday, May 27
9:00 a.m. – Polar Bear Assembly (last day of classes for seniors)
8:00 p.m. – Bonfire for rejection letters
Thursday, May 28
9:00 a.m. – Senior Baby Picture Assembly
8:00 p.m. – Senior Shout Outs
Friday, May 29
7:00 p.m. Baccalaureate Ceremony: Student and faculty speakers, yearbook dedication, and class banner presentation
Saturday, May 30
10:00 Commencement Exercises: Guest speaker-Lucas St Clair ’96, Valedictory speaker Alexia Zhou ’20, and Class Speakers Drew Curtis ’20 and Cameron Simard ’20.
Please register as soon as possible as attendance is limited to 500.
Retrieving Your Belongings
Day student will be allowed to return to campus by appointment this week to empty out their lockers in Ordway. Click here to sign up for a time slot (Day students only).
Boarders may now return to campus to retrieve their belongings, ideally before June 7, as state guidelines allow. Out-of-state families cannot come on campus until May 25.
All students wishing to pack up their rooms must complete the Google Form and have a confirmed visit date. We will confirm this date and time with you. You will be allowed on campus during your designated time slot only.
Plans may change, but these are the tentative guidelines:
- Please be on time. If you arrive early, stay in your car until your designated time.
- Do not bring with you anyone with compromised immune systems or anyone who has been sick in the last 14 days.
- Go directly to your dorm and wait outside. A faculty or staff member will let you into the building and your room only.
- All visitors must wear masks while in the dorm spaces, and each person should thoroughly sanitize their hands before entering the building.
- Your time in the dorm will be limited to 2 hours. Please do not enter any other building on campus. You will have limited access to Holden attic to either store or retrieve items please note it on the form.
- We will provide trash bags and cardboard boxes, but please bring any other packing supplies that you need. You should plan to remove all items from your room and take them with you. We will have a dumpster available for trash.
- At the end of two hours, or sooner if you are finished, a Gould faculty member will sign you out and ask you to return your key to a designated location. After this, you will need to leave campus directly and will no longer have access to the dorm.
As a quick reference, here is a list of things you need to bring with you when you visit campus to retrieve your belongings:
- Packing supplies including suitcases and duffel bags
- Room key
- Students not returning to Gould for 2020-2021 should return their laptops.
If you are unable to return
We recommend that you try and return to campus to pack your room in person, but if you are unable to, faculty will work with you (facetime or zoom) to pack up your room and ship necessary items home. Please note that you will be responsible for the cost of shipping and insurance.
Be aware that there is always some risk of damage when items are shipped. The Postal Service includes $50 of insurance. If you wish to insure your packages for more than, you will need to let us know how much.
Your items will be boxed and stored in your present room. When you return to Gould, you will retrieve your items and move them to your new room.
Packing will take place initially from 3 to 5 p.m. We understand that for some people that is the middle of the night. If you feel strongly that you need to be present, then please email me, and we will arrange a better time. Please understand that this is a big process, and we do not have a great deal of flexibility in scheduling these zoom calls.
If, when packing your room, we find contraband, students will be given amnesty from the discipline process. In some cases, there may be a response from our health center.
Important items in your room
If you have any items that you feel need special attention, please email your advisor and they will take possession of them to ensure their safe return.
Faculty packing rooms will adhere to the following protocols:
One individual in a dorm room at a time
Maintain a social/physical distance from others (6 feet or more)
Practice good hygiene — wash hands frequently, cover coughs, and do not touch your face
Wear a mask
Those who feel unwell will not participate in dorm cleaning
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at ManningR@gouldacademy.org or 207-357-7581.