Please stay tuned to this page as Commencement and End-of-School year plans evolve. Details will be shared here.
Please contact Lindsay Legare in the Head of Schools Office if you have questions.
Details for Parents of Seniors – Please submit by May 1!
- RSVP to Commencement! If your Senior is currently on campus please let us know how many guests will attend the ceremony on Saturday, May 22! This is the only event on campus that guests may attend.
- Submit your Senior’s Baby Photo: Commencement@
- Remote seniors, please send a Senior Portrait to Communications@gouldacademy.org.
- Yearbook Ads Due (optional)
International & Flight Departure Information
FRIday, May 14
- Virtual End-of-Year Art Show
Enjoy a virtual gallery of student work. (Link will be posted here soon.)
- Rejection letter bonfire, a Gould tradition!
SATURday, May 15
- Students Spring Fling Dance!
Sunday, May 16
- 7:00 p.m. – Underclass Awards Ceremony
(Please register in advance for this Zoom session.)
- Awards for remote students will be mailed to them.
- Guest speaker Kenzie Clark ’13
A PhD candidate at Seyedsayamdost Lab at Princeton University, her work uses bioinformatics search strategies to identify new natural product biosynthetic gene clusters. She received the Pickering Teaching Award at Princeton and the Elden Bennett Hartshorn Medal while an undergraduate at Dartmouth College
MOnday, May 17
- Underclass Award Recipient Reception
- Spring Musical “Frozen”
(Link to view the production will be posted here soon.)
TUESday, May 18
- Four-Year (or more) Senior Assembly
- Spring Concert
(Link will be posted here soon.)
WEDNESday, May 19
- Senior Baby Photo Assembly (see instructions above for emailing a photo of your senior)
- Student Farewell Celebration
(Dorm rooms must be packed, laptops, uniforms, keys, and library books returned in order to attend.)
Thursday-Friday, May 20-21
- All non-Seniors depart campus.
(Families can pick up underclassman anytime between 8 am – 6 pm)
Thursday, May 20
- Senior Canoe Float
- Senior Gala with Gould Alumni Board
Friday, May 21
- Dinner for Seniors and Faculty @ 6 pm
- Baccalaureate Ceremony @ 8 pm
Dessert Reception after the ceremony with Faculty Shout Outs to Seniors (Link will be provided here after the event.)
Saturday, May 22**
- 10:30 a.m. – 185th Commencement Exercises
- Commencement Speaker Brian Walker ’83
**This is the only on-campus event that is open to family members and guests of seniors. Attendance is limited, and the RSVP form must be completed in advance. Thank you for your understanding as we do our best to celebrate the Class of 2021 while following CDC guidelines.
If you have any questions about dormitory packing and campus departure, please feel free to contact the Dean of Community Life at ManningR@gouldacademy.org or 207-357-7581.