The Brain Named Itself
Today I’m going to talk about how the brain named itself and other weird facts that will (hopefully) make you think long and hard.
1) Have you ever noticed that the lower case “h” looks like a chair?
2) Can you imagine what the first person to fall asleep was like? They probably didn’t know what was happening.
3) Have you ever noticed that spoons are little bowls on sticks?
4) What if the coins you found around the house and in between couch cushions are actually from spiders trying to pay rent?
5) Two people could be born at exactly the same time, but because of time zones have different birthdays.
6) Ever heard of Ajax Soap? Well, their slogan is “Stronger than Grease!” Ajax was a Greek soldier and stronger than all of Greece. (Ajax is Stronger than Greece (grease)).
7) The brain named itself
8) “Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo” is a grammatically correct sentence. (It means that the Buffalo from Buffalo, New York bother other buffalo who are buffalo from Buffalo, New York.)
9) 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
10) The word “crisp” starts at the back of your mouth and ends at the front of your mouth.
11) 100 years from now, Facebook will be full of dead people
12) You have never seen your face, only pictures and reflections. (A study was found that if there was a clone of you, you wouldn’t be able to recognize them as yourself).
13) Your age is the number of times you’ve orbited around the sun.
14) There’s a jellyfish that reverts to an earlier stage in its development cycle in order to cheat death.
15) Outer space is about an hour away by car (if your car could drive straight up).
16) From the time it was established as a planet to the time the title of the planet was revoked, Pluto did not complete a full revolution around the sun.
17) 2013 was the first year since 1987 that didn’t have a set of matching number.
18) You can’t hum while holding your nose.
19) There are more fake flamingos in the world than there are real ones.
20) Every single choice you have ever made in your life has brought you to this exact moment, reading this exact sentence (thanks for that!)
I’d also like to thank the internet for these neat facts.
See you next week!
Yogi Tea Quote
“Be great, feel great, and act great”
P.S. Sorry I didn’t post earlier. I was up at sunrise to take the SAT’s today!
Picture sources below…