Search Committee Announced for Director of On Snow Programs
Bethel, Maine – Gould Academy Head of School Matt Ruby on Wednesday, August 5, named a committee to assist him in a search to select a new Director of On Snow Programs. The search process includes noted alumni, leaders within the ski industry and Gould Academy Competition Program (GACP), as well a school trustee and parents.
Gould’s Director of On Snow Programs oversees the school’s competition program, including full-time and weekend only alpine, freestyle, nordic, and snowboarding programs (GACP), as well as the school’s ski and snowboard prep teams, the Rugrats kids instruction program, the Maine Adaptive instruction program, and the only nationally recognized high school ski patrol program in the country.
In addition to reporting to the Head of School on all matters related to the school, the Director of On Snow Programs reports to the the Vice President of Skier Services at Sunday River Resort for all matters related to the competition programs.
Director of On Snow Program Search Committee:
- Sarah Taymore P’09 ’11 (Committee Chair) – A current Gould Academy Trustee and alumni parent of GACP freestyle skiers Cooper Taymore ’09 and Crosby Taymore ’11, Taymore has served on Gould Academy’s Board since May 2010.
- Chris Sparks – As the Director of Admission for Gould Academy, Sparks brings to the committee and school extensive recruitment experience, having served as the assistant men’s coach at the University of New England, Brown University, and Central Connecticut State University before being appointed to the University of Pennsylvania in 2006. He was also the director of the Eastern Invitational Summer Basketball Camp in New Jersey in 2004 and 2005.
- Sasha Rearick ’95 – A graduate of Gould Academy and the current Men’s Head Alpine Coach for the U.S. Ski Team, Rearick has been instrumental in leading his team through three winter Olympic games where his athletes, including Ted Ligety and Bode Miller, have amassed seven medals.
- Dana Bullen II P’12 ’14 – An alumni parent of two GACP Alpine racers, Cody Bullen ’12 and Lexi Bullen ’14, and President and General Manager of Sunday River Resort, Bullen has played pivotal roles in the growth of two of New England’s largest ski resorts: Sugarloaf, where Bullen began his career, and now Sunday River Resort – home to Gould’s full-time and weekend competition programs.
- Zeke Davisson ’03 – Gould Academy alumni and current Executive Director of the Kelly Brush Foundation, Davisson raced on the GACP Alpine Team before serving as NCAA DI Alpine Ski Team Captain for Middlebury College his junior and senior years. Davisson now works with his wife, Kelly Brush, to help people incorporate sports and recreation into their lifestyle while preventing injuries in the sport of ski racing.
- Dan Gray P’18 ’19 – A Gould parent with two current GACP Alpine racers – Andrew Gray ’18 and Caraline Gray ’19 – Gray also serves as the president of the Sunday River Ski and Snowboard Club, an organization that helps young athletes of all ages, abilities, and commitment levels enjoy and pursue excellence in alpine, freestyle, and snowboarding.
- Deborah Costello P’11 ’12 – As an alumni parent to GACP Alpine racer Meghan Costello ’11 and Rugrats instructor Wyatt Costello ’12, Costello is Gould Academy’s On Snow Program Manager and brings to the committee expert oversight, as well as 25 years of experience in managing various programs and departments for both Sugarloaf and Sunday River ski resorts.
- Rich Hoge P’17 – A Gould Academy parent, whose son, Richie, is a very committed and highly accomplished member of the GACP Snowboard Team.
The search committee will begin its work immediately. The Head of School will send out progress updates to the community.
Candidates interested in applying for the Director of On Snow Programs position should submit their resume and cover letter, along with three references to:
P.O. Box 860
Bethel, ME 04217