Random thoughts from Gould’s campus
OVERHEARD IN THE DINING HALL- (from a high honors student) No, it’s real! I looked it up on Wikipedia and stuff!
I don’t have a solid topic for this week, and so I thought I’d share a few random thought swirling around in my head. Feel free to share your thoughts with me; write them down on the back of a 20 dollar bill and drop them in my faculty room mailbox.
Random thoughts for this week:
- When I say that the spring musical will be The Sound Of Music, I’m kidding. I’d rather eat lint than direct that campy piece of drivel.
- As much as I hate getting up early, I love the feeling of being up early. It’s the quietest, simplest part of the day.
- I’m wondering why, for students, I’m “Mr. Alford” and English is taught by “Mrs. Manning”, but the director of our dining services is “Brian.”
- Are there really students who think that it’s better to do 2 hours of study hall on a weekend night, rather than to stick their faces into the dining hall and get checked in for breakfast?
- I would love to watch Mr. Manning teach class after consuming an espresso. I would actually pay money for that.
- To everyone that is stressed about being lost electronically due to the new Infoserver look, I offer you this piece of advice: Never paint your house a different color. You may never find your way home.
- Gould Basketball may have lost last Friday, but I saw some really great things during the game. Nate Brown, you are a master at getting position under the glass. Keep it up!
- The Faculty Room in Hanscom is the funniest place on Earth. I wish students could hear some of this. No, wait…never mind…
- James Abbott finally figured out that if I see his hat on in Hanscom I’m going to take it away. See? Education works!
- I’ve been at Gould for almost 20 years, and there are still places on campus that I’ve never seen. The apartment above the art cottage? Never seen it.
- The view from the roof of Hanscom is among the best in town, especially in October. That said, students, STAY OFF THE ROOF! I can’t even go up there anymore.
- I miss Mr. Wight almost every day. Except that now I see him almost every day. On campus. It’s like he never left. Never mind, I DON’T miss him. He’s still here.
- Where is the SNOW????
- Erin Smith had her first code as a jacketed ski patroller last week. GO 3508!
- The NFL playoffs are here, and that only means one thing: Our son Ben gets emotionally invested in random teams. Last weekend we were a Seahawks family. Go figure…
- Where is Annie’s Glog from yesterday? Annie, are you out there?????
That’s all for now. Next week I’ll have a real topic. Unless I don’t.