No School is Better Than Its Faculty
I’d like to take a moment to thank our faculty for an excellent year.
Faculty at a boarding school work and live with their students, sharing the highs and lows and helping each to become his or her best self. I am honored to work with the incredible faculty at Gould.
Below are a few reflections I shared with the faculty today at our end of year meetings about their role and impact.
- Education is a human, organic endeavor. No school is better than its faculty.
- Gould’s future is human powered. People believe in our mission and our ability to accomplish it because of what you do.
- You unleash the curiosity and creativity of students by trusting them, challenging them, and modeling a good life. They watch you. They want to be like you.
- Your discipline/area is a gateway to intellectual competence and confidence. Your expertise, public thinking, and collaboration model productive working and living.
- You put on your boots and wade into the murky waters of adolescence to find the personhood that resides in each student. You take them seriously.