New Student Information: What to Bring
Things to bring and things to leave at home
SHOPPING, I am sure is at the top of the list …clothes, room items and decorations!
As you pack for school, remember you are sharing space and it is limited. YOUR ROOMMATE, you ask? Yes, we are determining that and it is so exciting, as you will meet them on Registration Day!
YOUR ROOM? Each room has a closet, dresser, desk and chair and a bed.
The COMMUNITY GUIDE will provide you with more information and will be available by the end of July.
Here are a few things to start thinking of as you get ready to come to Gould.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- a desk light
- a power strip
- twin mattress cover
- laundry bag
- shower basket(to keep shower items together)
- 2 sets of twin sheets
- cell phone
Some room organization tips:
- plastic storage containers designed specifically for under a bed
- Small sets of plastic drawers make great bed side tables/ organizers
- multi-pocketed shoe holders to hang over a door are great for products-make-up, shampoo, jewelry, scarves
WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING?
- hot pots
- heating appliances
- electric blankets
- decorative lights-Christmas string/icicle lights, spotlights, LED strip lights
- nails and thumb tacks are not allowed in the walls
CLASSROOM DRESS CODE
- collared shirts
- turtlenecks (mock and regular)
- Gould sweatshirts
- knit sweaters
- pants/slacks (khakis, jeans, corduroys, dress slacks, Carhartts)
- skirts (mid-thigh or longer in length)
- dresses (mid-thigh or longer in length)
- shorts (5 inch inseam minimum)
- dress shoes
- leather/dress sandals
- Gould sweatshirts
- down coats
- tank tops
- Non-Gould sweatshirts
- sport/shower sandals
WHAT DO I NEED FOR FORMAL DINNER NIGHT ?
- dresses or rompers (mid-thigh or longer in length)
- blouses, dress slacks/khakis or skirts (mid-thigh or longer in length)
- collared shirts/dress shirts, coat, tie, dress slacks/khakis,
- dress shoes are preferred
- traditional formal wear from other cultures
- any article of clothing that reveals skin of the torso (lower back, lower chest, midriff, side)
- shorts (even when worn with formal shoes and knee socks)
- dresses, skirts and rompers that do not reach mid-thigh
- any shoe that does not meet the expectations of classroom dress
WHERE CAN I DO LAUNDRY?
- Washers and dryers are available for students to do their own laundry. Money can be loaded on a card at the bookstore to use the machines. Some choose Norway Laundry Service which provides delivery twice a week.
Remember to check out the Enrollment Essentials webpage for more information and important links, downloads, and forms.
FINALLY, I am sure you have many more questions for us! Feel free to email any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org.