Five Best Things about Gould in the Fall
1) Fall sports are the best sports! Sports time is a time to relax, have fun, and forget about school for a while. My personal favorite is soccer, but there are many other sports including: cross country, mountain biking, field hockey, golf, outing club, physical training, and farm and forest. There’s nothing like playing a sport you love everyday, which is a big stress reliever for me.
2) Weekend Activities! The weekend activities in the fall are a way to meet new people, and take a step out of your comfort zone. The most common weekend trips are the shopping trips to north conway and old port which is convenient for boarding students wanting to buy furniture and posters for their new rooms.
3) SUNDAY BRUNCH! “You don’t know what you’ve got ’till it’s gone.” This quote described my situation over the summer when I realized how much I missed the omelette bar that the dining staff offers every Sunday. Coming back to the wonderful Sunday brunch makes the fall so much better.
4) New students, new teachers. Meeting new people that will soon become some of your best friends is always a good feeling. Additions to the faculty is a great thing because there’s even more people to help you out. At Gould, you get the wonderful opportunity to meet people from all over the globe, which adds to the fall fun.
5) Winter preparation! There’s nothing Gould students look forward to more than the first day on snow. Freestyle skiers prepare by going to water ramps in Canada, some alpine racers went to Austria to practice for their upcoming races, and everyone else finds out what winter sport they’re going to do.
Until next Friday,