Dorm Duty: Fill in the blanks!!
OVERHEARD IN GEHRING HALL: Teacher-“Why aren’t you studying?” Student-“We had some girl-drama. So we decided to make brownies instead.”
I am “on duty” tonight. “On duty” means that I “monitor” study hall, “check-in” the girls in Gehring, and write “quotations” around random “words.”
One of the things that we duty people do while on duty is to fill out the duty log. (Sample entry: “While on duty Monday night I managed to write the word “duty” THREE TIMES in a single sentence!”) The duty log is actually usually a pretty straight-forward accounting of the evening. It includes things like:
- Who is on duty
- Who helped the night move along (proctor-wise)
- Who didn’t check in
- Whose room ought to be condemned
- Who walked down to the basement to secretly get on the elevator to take it up to the 2nd floor (Grrr……..)
- Who feels that they NEED to take a shower at 9:58 (“I’ll be in bed by ten! I PROMISE!!!”)
- Who put the bop in the bop-shoo-bop-shoo-bop
Stuff like that. Here’s what a typical “duty” person looks like. We’ll call her “Martha”:
So “Martha Y” and I decided to write up a dorm log, but we decided to do it as a MAD LIBS-style entry. Feel free to copy and print this, and play games with your roommates, colleagues, or kids. Enjoy!