Cut, Build and Fly!
What happens when robotics teacher Randy Autrey can’t fly around in his parachute plane because of the snow?
He designs a Maker module for students to build their own radio controlled foam planes. Using the tools in the Maker Space, students will learn how to:
- download and customize templates
- set up and configure electronic speed controls
- set up servos, radio receivers, transmitters
- manage lithium polymer batteries
- use Adobe illustrator and vinyl cutter to make graphic stickers.
Now that is a pretty good way to spend a Saturday night! Check out the details of the IDEAS Center inaugural Maker Mod.