What do the numbers 47, 413, 778 and 1143 have in common?
Those are the number of days until graduation for Gould students. And it’s settling in for us seniors that in a little over a month we’ll all start the next phase of our lives, independently. Being able to answer the question ‘where are you going to college?’ was a very exciting milestone for me. But, it’s been a hard year in so many different ways then ever in years past, and to think that the college decision process is actually over is relieving, and crazy. You’ve probably heard it before, but freshmen year I was convinced I’d feel different when senior year came around, yet here I am and I certainly do not. My expectations for how this would all feel have turned out to be vastly different from the reality. What seemed like a major, daunting, decision is made so simple now and the thought that I’m ACTUALLY going to college in four months is exciting yet normal. I think I’m ready…
So what makes you feel like a senior?
– Going on college visits
– Applying to college
– Every once in a while having the striking realization that this is the last time you’ll do something
– Starting to research college more than do actual school work
– Scrolling through pages and pages of introductions on college Facebook pages to get a feel of your potential classmates
– The last day of each term
– Seeing your name on the flags along the second floor wall
– Senioritis (it’s real)
– Planning a senior prank…
– Senior four point dinner – we all did some pretty awesome stuff
– Senior electives
– Admitted student days
– Ordering your college sweatshirt !!!
– Submitting your deposit
– Filling out the roommate match survey
– Starting your senior yearbook page (not quite there yet, sorry Mrs. Barstow!)
– The repeated reminders that spring term grades count – ugh!
– The exciting possibility of 90ing out of exams
In other news, I think I can speak for the whole Gould population when I say that we’ve all really been enjoying the return of warm weather!
Till next time,