About Gould Academy
It All Adds Up At Gould
Welcome to Gould Academy. We are a small, private, co-ed, independent boarding school, located at the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Bethel, Maine.
At Gould Academy, learning begins in the classroom but it doesn’t end there. Our students continue learning out on the mountain at Sunday River, at dinner with a teacher’s family, and in a global community fueled by curiosity and commitment. The combination of experiences that an individual student chooses creates an education that’s unique – just like our graduates.
Gould is more than a college prep school (although we do that well, too). Our students become actively involved in shaping their own education by taking advantage of opportunities that extend learning beyond the classroom. We like to think of choice as something additive. Our students don’t choose this OR that. They choose this AND that.
What Sets Gould Apart?
- Students thrive in Gould’s college prep setting thanks to close, collegial relationships with their instructors and counselors, and a vast network of alumni and visiting professionals who come to campus and work with students each and every year.
- Music performance students who seek one-on-one instruction with conservatory faculty are supported through our distance partnership with the Manhattan School of Music.
- Students interested in both competitive and noncompetitive on-snow instruction and coaching benefit from our unique partnership with Sunday River Resort located just minutes from campus.
- Creative thinkers who are interested in shaping their own education can do so through blended learning, which provides students with more time for independent studies and research.
- Innovators and doers who want to give meaningful time and service to the greater community have numerous academic, programmatic, and social outlets to take advantage of, including The Marlon Family IDEAS Center, Four Point and Experiential Learning, REACHOUT, Farm and Forest, and Gould Goes Green.
Head of School: Matt Ruby
Download our School Profile
Grades: 9-12, PG
Students: 250 from an average of 20 states and 20 countries
Athletic Mascot: Husky
Dining Services: Flik
Download our Quick Facts PDF